Aspiring examination candidates exempt from the requirement to complete the CANECSA training programme period can apply until August 25th for the 2022 Examinations.
Aspiring CANECSA examination candidates who already hold an MMed Anaesthesiology qualification, or recognised alternative, are exempt from the training period and may apply directly for CANECSA FCA examinations without applying for training, or paying training fees.
Enrolled CANECSA trainees do not have to separately apply for the examinations.
Examination Registration and Fees
In order to complete your online registration you will need a copy (scan or clear image) of each of the following:
- your undergraduate medical degree
- relevant postgraduate qualifications (if applicable)
- your medical council/board registration certificate
- your medical council/board practicing license / certificate
- a recent passport style photo
Examination fees are payable to your national anaesthesiology society. Please contact your local CANECSA Country Representatives directly to arrange payment.
- Membership examination $400 (2020 rate – $200)
- Fellowship examination $700 (2020 rate – $500)
Repeat examination – Candidates who are unsuccessful in the CANECSA examinations, may repeat the examinations the following year, subject to payment of the repeat examination fee.
- Membership $200
- Fellowship $300
Graduation – Graduation fees are applicable for candidates successful in the CANECSA Fellowship examination and must be paid before the successful candidate can graduate.
- Fellowship $500
- Fellowship by Election $500